Deconstructed Wedge Salad with Shrimp and Avocado
Who doesn't love a wedge salad? This is a stepped up version that comes in handy for an easy lunch or dinner. To streamline the process, you could easily use pre-washed salad greens (which I did in this case) and have pre-cooked bacon and shrimp on hand. This recipe yields one serving because I often make it just for myself and it truly only takes 10 minutes which includes cooking the shrimp. However, it's easily scaled to serve more! You can play around with the vegetables based on preferences or what you have on hand.
- 3-4 cups of sweet butter lettuce, washed and chopped (or use 1/2 bag of store bought)
- 4 oz. shrimp
- 1 slice cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 avocado, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. diced bell pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. ranch or blue dressing of choice (I love Sir Kensington Ranch lately)
Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add a teaspoon of oil or avocado oil spray. Cook shrimp 1-2 minutes per side until no longer translucent. It will go very fast!
Meanwhile, assemble salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add cooked shrimp and dressing. How easy is that?!