Easy Chicken Parmesan
Updated: Jan 9
Nothing says comfort like Italian food! And the best part of this particular recipe is that it's simple, fast AND healthy compared to the average breaded and fried Chicken Parm you'll find on most restaurant menus.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts sliced in half horizontally
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups marinara (make sure to read labels and get a sauce that contains no added sugar)
1. Pre-heat oven to Broil.
2. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning evenly over the chicken.
3. Heat oil in an oven proof skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove from heat.
4. Add marinara and spread evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan over each piece.
5. Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is browned. Serve with whole wheat or GF pasta, zucchini noodles or a big tossed salad.
Makes 4-5 servings.