Veggie, Bacon and Sweet Potato Hash
Updated: Feb 11, 2020
Breakfast for dinner! This veggie, bacon and sweet potato hash was a welcomed fall meal, and my peanut gallery even suggested I open a restaurant and put this on the menu. Top with a soft egg and add to a bed of greens for a heartier meal, or meal prep this for your morning rush. Either way - the protein, fiber, fat and colorful veggies will start or end your day right.
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2-3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- red pepper flakes and kosher salt to tast
1. Sauté 3 pieces of chopped bacon in a cast iron (or any type) skillet over medium heat until it starts to get crispy.
2. Add 1/2 cup of diced onions and 2 cloves minced garlic and sauté for a minute or so.
3. Add 1 cup diced bell pepper, 1 cup diced sweet potato, a shake of crushed red pepper and kosher salt plus 1/4 cup chicken stock. Cover for 6-7 minutes until potatoes are soft.
4. Stir in a handful of fresh spinach until wilted and season with salt and pepper to taste.